- Is the club for Civil Servants Only? This is something a lot of people ask but don’t worry this is just our name, the club is open to all new members. The club was originally formed in 1867 and named Civil Service Harriers as most of the members were Civil Servants.
- How much is membership? 110 Euro per Year.
- Do I have to pay up immediately ? No.Come down a few times and try it out first.
- What’s the best day to come ? Tuesdays are a good day to start.
- How far do you run? Each training session is different. Training varies throughout the year running on grass or road.
- What age do you have to be ? 18 to 88 there is no upper age limit.
- Do you take complete beginners? Yes. You will get most value out of the sessions if you can run for at least 20 Minutes without stopping. For Tempo runs on Thursday you would need to be able to run 6 Miles. For Sunday runs you would need to be able to run at least 6 Miles.
- What standard are members? We have all standards from elite athletes to beginners.
- Do you have coaching? We have a coach that looks after beginner athletes and a coach for more advanced athletes.
- Will I be able to to keep up? Training groups are split up in accordance with fitness and ability.
- Do you train in the dark ? Running during the winter is done along routes that are lit by street lamps. Runners must wear high viz clothing and lights when it is dark.
- Do you run during the day ? Club members meet at 10am at the clubhouse during the week.
Usually training is as follows:
Tuesday : Interval training around a circuit. (4 – 5 miles in total)
Thursday : Tempo run (6 miles)
Sat : Hill / Endurance training (5- 6 miles)
Sun : Long slow run 6- 12 Miles.